A passionate and hard-working team player, looking for exciting opportunities in mid-level administration where I can use my technical expertise. Particular focus on education and public sector, with a strong background in higher education admissions, recruitment and timetabling.
- Timetabling Administrator – University of Bradford, Jan 2016-present (secondment)
Development of student timetables for lectures, workshops and laboratory practicals using Scientia Syllabus+/Enterprise. Resolving conflicts, ensuring staff and lecture room/resource availability, and sitting on approval panels for new and changed degree courses to recommend improvements.
- UG Admissions, Marketing & Recruitment Officer – University of Bradford, 2010-present
Administering undergraduate admissions, including arranging interviews, planning and organising open day events, managing applicant details from UCAS on a database, managing and planning rotas for student ambassadors, processing of information for visa applications and offering careers advice.
- Promoted within same role in 2013 to become main data officer for the faculty, to include producing reports and capturing business intelligence data.
- Developed procedures for cascading unsuccessful applicants to other courses within the faculty, resulting in around 40 extra students enrolling each year.
- Managed the compilation and proof-reading of 2015 issue of faculty newsletter, Reflections.
- Hub Clerical Officer – University of Bradford, 2007-2010
Clerical support, including administrative work with the university’s database system. Focussed on the processing of decisions for undergraduate applicants, administration of postgraduate research students, visa queries and face-to-face support for current students.
- Clerical Assistant – University of Bradford, 2004-2007
Included meeting and greeting prospective students and parents on open days and conducting tours, answering the phones for the university’s clearing hotline and dealing with student enquiries, entering data into the student database system and general administrative work in a typical office environment. Job was on a part-time basis around my studies.
- PGDip Forensic Computing (Univ. Bradford, 2005-2007, Pass)
Course covered study of the Internet, protocols, cryptography, security and forensic analysis. Taught in conjunction with West Yorkshire Police.
- BSc (Hons) Computing & Information Systems (Univ. Bradford, 2002-2005, 2:2 honours)
Course focussed on Java programming with some mathematical elements, and also included study of databases, user interfaces, software systems and professional skills.
- A-levels – Geography (C), Mathematics (D), French (D), York College, 2002
- AS-levels – Computing (D), Physics (E), York College, 2001/2
- 10 GCSEs – Grades A*-B including Mathematics (A), English (B) and Science (BB)
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office – particularly Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, Access & OneNote.
- Experienced copywriter for Customer Relations Management (CRM) email communications and printed publicity materials, including course brochures and newsletters (samples available on request).
- Significant experience of Tribal SITS:Vision, Scientia Syllabus+, SAP BusinessObjects, Azorus CRM and Salesforce.
- Moderator for faculty web site, using TerminalFour SiteManager.
- Managed and contributed to faculty social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter). Active and confident social media user in a personal capacity.
- Effective customer service skills including good telephone manner, with experience of working in a busy call centre environment for university Clearing. Confident with both inbound and outbound calling campaigns.
- Full clean UK driving licence.
- Active administration of Linux/Apache web server with WordPress; maintain my own blog at www.neilturner.me.uk and manage web sites for a student society and local trade union branch.
- Over 10 years’ experience with Apple macOS (OS X).
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS.
Completed training courses
- SITS Module availability and diets, Univ. Bradford, Mar 2016
- Understanding the New UCAS Tariff, Univ. Bradford, Feb 2016
- International Students & Tier 4 Visas, Univ. Bradford, Oct 2015
- Confirmation & Clearing, Univ. Bradford, Aug 2015
- Trans Awareness, TransBareAll, Feb 2015
- Employing Students on Campus, Univ. Bradford, Jun 2012
- TerminalFour Site Manager for Moderators, Univ. Bradford, Mar 2012
- Dealing With Change, Univ. Bradford, Jul 2010
Hobbies and interests
- Keen photographer, samples available at www.flickr.com/photos/neilt
- Hill walking and hiking
- Blog writing
- Volunteer theatre technician, with experience of lighting and set-building
Available upon request.