So today’s my birthday. I’m 32, which isn’t a particularly notable age, other than the realisation that my GCSE exams were half a lifetime ago. So rather than ramble on about how I’m feeling old, I thought I’d look back at what I’ve written on my birthday in previous years:
- 2015 – A list of notable events on the 25th May, and of famous people with whom I share a birthday.
- 2014 – A short piece about turning 30.
- 2013 – Links from Delicious – it was a Saturday. I didn’t write about my birthday until 3 days later that year.
- 2012 – Just a photo.
- 2011 – Nothing! (This was around the time that I switched from Movable Type/Melody to WordPress so I might’ve been busy)
- 2010 – Nine words.
- 2009 – A paragraph about turning 25.
- 2008 – Nothing!
- 2007 – Nothing!
- 2006 – Nothing! (I posted on the 26th instead)
- 2005 – Nothing! (Again, I left it to the 26th)
- 2004 – Celebrating not being a teenager anymore.
- 2003 – Two words.
- 2002 – A reasonable length post on turning 18.
I’m actually surprised that several years went by where I didn’t think to write anything on my birthday. That may have something to do with not having the ability to schedule blog posts in advance back in ye olden days. 2005 was a particular surprise, as back then I often posted new entries multiple times a day – this was in the days before Twitter and the like.
As for 2017? Well, I have a whole year to think of something to write, I suppose.
We’re not doing much for my birthday – I’m at work as normal today (and have a two hour afternoon meeting!) but we’ll probably go out for dinner tonight.