Here are the articles or web sites that I’ve found this week and linked to on my Pinboard Bookmarks:
- Lifehacker Faceoff: Google Photos vs. FlickrLifehacker compares Flickr and Google Photos. Worth reading as they both have unique strengths
- Watch A Starfish Force A Microchip Out Of Its Body | IFLScienceEvidently, starfish do not take kindly to being tagged with microchips
- All 15 Pixar Movies, Ranked From Worst to BestAll 15 Pixar films, ranked from ‘worst’ to best. A bit unfair on Brave but agree with #1
- Fan attempts to pre-order Fallout 4 with bottle caps • Eurogamer.netA gamer sent Bethesda over 2000 bottle caps as a pre-order payment for Fallout 4
- You Can Thank Genetic Engineering For Your Delicious CheesePretty much all cheese is made from GMO rennet, because otherwise we’d be slaughtering days old calves
- French Ecology Minister Wants People to Stop Eating Nutella | Mental Floss UKPhew – no need to boycott Nutella as its palm oil comes from sustainable sources
- Australian cat found in Northern IrelandCats Protection looking for information about an Australian cat that turned up as a stray in Northern Ireland
- How to Fast for Ramadan in the Arctic, Where the Sun Doesn't Set – The AtlanticToday’s the first day of #ramadan – but how do you observe it where the sun never sets in summer?
- Collection of Google Street View images of sheep.Google Sheep View is pretty much what you’d expect it to be
- It seems that no one at all reads Apple’s terms and conditions – even people who work for Apple."It seems that no one at all reads Apple’s terms and conditions – even people who work for Apple."
- 5 Hilarious Ways Game Designers Are Messing With Pirates | Cracked.comFive great ways of annoying people who pirate your video game, from Cracked
- How A Fake Viral News Story Wrecked Three People’s Lives – BuzzFeed NewsHow the British media ruined the lives of three Poles, thanks to a fake viral news story
- LastPass, Defender of Our Passwords, Just Got HackedRuh-roh, LastPass got hacked
- Serious iOS bug makes it easy to steal users’ iCloud passwords | Ars TechnicaThere’s an iOS bug that can be used to steal iCloud passwords – make sure to enable 2-factor auth
Digest powered by RSS Digest