Here are the articles or web sites that I’ve found this week and linked to on my Pinboard Bookmarks:
- I didn’t have enough Facebook friends to prove to Airbnb I was realNot got a smartphone? Less than 100 Facebook friends? You may struggle to use AirBnB
- BBC News – Five-year-old passes Microsoft exam5-year old passed the exams to become a Microsoft Certified Professional. So what are you doing with your life?
- 10 Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah Facts About 'Song of the South' | Mental FlossTen interesting facts about Disney’s controversial 1946 film Song of the South which glorified slavery
- BBC News – The disabled children locked up in cagesGreece locks up disabled children inside cages in underfunded centres. Scandalous that this still happens in 2014
- Six myths about how the unions are ruining Britain | Ellie Mae O'Hagan | Comment is free | The GuardianSix reasons why trade unions are ‘ruining Britain’, and why they’re wrong
- Inside the Facebook News Feed: A List of Algorithm FactorsBuffer’s guide to running a Facebook Page and how to make your content more prominent
- Assassin's Creed: Unity criticised for widespread glitches – BBC NewsThe bizarre glitches in the new Assassin’s Creed game
- Battle of the Mobile Office Suites: Microsoft Office vs. Google DocsMicrosoft’s new mobile Office apps compared with Google Docs
- University Rowing Team Gets Naked to Fight HomophobiaUniversity of Warwick’s mens rowing team gets naked to fight homophobia (video possibly NSFW)
- BBC News – Microsoft fixes '19-year-old' bug with emergency patchOuchie, latest Microsoft security bug ("WinShock") affects all Windows & Office releases since Windows 95
- John Oliver Is Outdoing The Daily Show — Vulture"I’ve watched every instalment of Last Week. Every time, I’ve come away feeling that I’ve learned something."
- Digital currencies: 5 reasons we’re calling for information – News stories – GOV.UKUK government is consulting on the use of Bitcoin and other digital currencies, and you can email your views
- Pub chain slammed for 1966-calorie burger (From York Press)Pub chain Hungry Horse sells a double donut burger containing 1966 calories – almost a day’s RDA for a woman
- Wedding Proposal with 99 iPhones Turned into One Pricey RejectionGuy buys 99 iPhones to propose to his girlfriend. She said no.
Digest powered by RSS Digest