Here are the articles or web sites that I’ve found this week and linked to on my Delicious Bookmarks:
- Five Retro Operating Systems You Can Run on the Raspberry PiHow to install MS-DOS, Mac OS, and others on your Raspberry Pi
- Throwback Thursday: Microsoft.com, among the earliest commercial websites, has been on the Web for 20 years | The Fire HoseThis week was the 20th anniversary of the launch of Microsoft’s web site
- Rogeting: why 'sinister buttocks' are creeping into students' essays | Education | The GuardianStudents are inadvertently using bizarre synonyms to avoid anti-plaigirism software for essays copied from the web
- FDA: "Gluten-Free" Products Can't Have Gluten in Them NowThe FDA mandates that gluten-free products must not contain gluten. Wait, what?
- Google Online Security Blog: HTTPS as a ranking signalIn future, web sites that use HTTPS may rank higher in Google than those that don’t
- The contraceptive Pill and cancer – a look behind today’s headlines – Cancer Research UK – Science blogDoes the contraceptive pill increase or decrease the risk of cancer? Answer: Yes
- The 22 Best-Reviewed Games That Don't Have Sequels (Yet)The 22 best games which have never had a sequel
- How Evil Can You Be In The Sims 4? We Did Some ExperimentsWhat happens when you make evil characters in The Sims 4
- BBC News – Why so many shipowners find Panama's flag convenientThere are 8600 ships registered in Panama – more than USA & China combined. But why?
- Better, Smarter Parenting: Holistic, Superior, and Toxin-Free Trends‘parents have striven to raise their children outside of the purview of “experts,” “science,” and “public health concerns.”‘
- Sneaky tricks of the restaurant trade and how to avoid forking out too muchThe sneaky tactics used by restaurants to get you to spend more money
Digest powered by RSS Digest