Dave2 did this meme a while back and as I don’t have anything much better to do, other than play World of Warcraft, I thought I’d do it instead. It’s a bit log so it’s in the extended portion – you’ll have to click through if you’re using something like Bloglines or NetNewsWire.
- What is your salad dressing of choice? Tends to be Italian Vinigarette or Caeser. It depends what salad it’s going with.
- What is your favourite fast food restaurant? Probably Quizno’s, which is annoying since there aren’t many in the UK yet. Subway isn’t bad, and cheaper, and more ubiquitous, but it just isn’t the same. As for chains like McDonalds and Burger King I tend to give them a wide birth if possible.
- What is your favorite sit down restaurant? Chain-wise either Pizza Hut, La Tasca or Nando’s. In Bradford you can’t beat Omar’s and in York Melton’s Too is good.
- On average, what size tip do you leave at a restaurant? Brits aren’t big on tipping so it’s usually a few pounds at most, since the staff tend to get paid anyway. It’s amusing watching American tourists tipping the bar staff in pubs as it’s not the done thing here.
- What food could you eat every day for two weeks and not get sick of? Probably pizza.
- Name three foods you detest above all others. Sprouts, cauliflower and swede.
- What is your favorite dish to order in a Chinese restaurant? Orange crispy duck. A local Chinese does it in Bradford and it’s top notch.
- What are your pizza toppings of choice? Mozarella is a must, and I usually like pepporoni too. Pineapple can be interesting as well.
- What do you like to put on your toast? Not a big toast eater but I do like it with pure Yorkshire honey. Mmmm.
- What is your favourite type of gum? Gum? Ewww, gross. Never had it.
- Number of contacts in your mobile phone? 81. Most of whom I’ve spoken to at least once in the last 18 months.
- Number of contacts in your email address book? Only around 20 – I tend not to use it, to be honest.
- What is your wallpaper on your computer? I’m on my parents’ PC which has this photo on my desktop. My laptop has this photo of York, and like Dave2 my Mac has the default blue swirly thing on it. Hari’s profile on my Mac has the orange and red swirly thing so that we can tell who’s logged on more easily.
- What is your screensaver on your computer? The Windows machines just have the standard boring Windows Logo screensaver – my Mac has an animated swirly thing.
- Are there naked pictures saved on your computer? No, and there never has been. Besides, I have a girlfriend now.
- How many land line phones do you have in your house? There’s 3 phones, but they use the same landline, which is also shared with the internet.
- How many televisions are in your house? Either one or two, I’m not entirely sure to be honest.
- What kitchen appliance do you use the least? Probably the washing machine since it’s only being used twice a week at present. The cooker, microwave, fridge and freezer all get used daily.
- What is the format of the radio station you listen to the most? Erm, well, it’s Radio 4, so it’s mostly speech. If you mean how I listen to it, then I do so mostly online, using Listen Again.
- What do you consider to be your best physical attribute? Not sure personally, but Hari thinks my arse is cute.
- Are you right handed or left handed? Right-handed.
- Do you like your smile? It’s quite cheesy usually.
- Have you ever had anything removed from your body? No, I’m still all here.
- Would you like to? Only if it hurt, or was cancerous or something/.
- Do you prefer to read when you go to the bathroom? No.
- Which of your five senses do you think is keenest? My vision is pretty good, though I’m due an eye test soon so I might be wrong.
- When was the last time you had a cavity? About 10 years ago. I was drilled, and no, I wasn’t scared by it.
- What is the heaviest item you lift regularly? Boxes of brochures at work.
- Have you ever been knocked unconscious? No.
- If it were possible, would you want to know the day you were going to die? I think so. Then I could plan around it.
- If you could change your first name, what would you change it to? Don’t know really, I’ve got used to Neil.
- How do you express your artistic side? Not very well, I’m not a very artistic person.
- What color do you think you look best in? I don’t know but I prefer neautral colours. Hari seems to prefer me in blue though.
- How long do you think you could last in a medium security prison? No idea, but then I have no intention of going there really.
- Have you ever swallowed a non-food item by mistake? Don’t think so, no.
- If we weren’t bound by society’s conventions, do you have a relative you would make a pass at? Don’t think so, no.
- How often do you go to church? For funerals or weddings.
- Have you ever saved someone’s life? No.
- Has someone ever saved yours? No.
For this last section, if you would do it for less or more money, indicate how much.
- Would you walk naked for a half mile down a public street for $100,000? I’d imagine so, provided that I wouldn’t get arrested.
- Would you kiss a member of the same sex for $100? Just a kiss? I already have, and no money changed hands.
- Would you have sex with a member of the same sex for $10,000? Would depend very much on who that person was, and whether Hari would let me.
- Would you allow one of your little fingers to be cut off for $200,000? No idea, would have to think about that one.
- Would you never blog again for $50,000? Hmmm. It’s a lot of money but it’s something I enjoy. Not sure.
- Would you pose naked in a magazine for $250,000? I think so.
- Would you drink an entire bottle of hot sauce for $1000? Probably yes.
- Would you, without fear of punishment, take a human life for $1,000,000? Hell no. Killing is wrong.
- Would you shave your head and get your entire body waxed for $5,000? Sure. It’ll grow back.
- Would you give up watching television for a year for $25,000? Probably – I don’t watch it that much anyway.