Hari commented earlier that I hadn’t done one of these in a while, and since I’m a little uninspired post-wise right now it can help fill up some blogging quota 🙂 .
- My exams are over! I had my last one yesterday, which went quite well. It was about cryptography, and 25% of the paper was on SHA-1, which was unexpected but I think I got it mostly right. Today I also had a presentation which mostly went okay..
- Hari and I went out for an early evening meal tonight, and we both managed to stuff ourselves silly. I felt incredibly bloated for about half an hour after eating. I’m now in a computer lab in the university while she’s next door rehearsing for a play. It’s in March but I gather there’s a lot to be done over the next 6 weeks.
- Tomorrow we’re going out somewhere for the day – either Leeds or Manchester – just really to have a day off and away from Bradford. Though I generally like Bradford, it’s often good to get away sometimes too.
- If you were hoping that I’d be selling my Dad’s old laptop on eBay sometime soon then I’m afraid I already have a buyer, so I’ll be spending the next couple of days re-installing Windows on it. It’s going to a friend of mine, who I trust quite a lot, so I won’t need to properly wipe the hard disk first (which will take ages).
- I’m being told by 123-reg (with whom neilturner.org.uk is registered) that I cannot afford not to register neilturner.eu, as apparently I need to ensure that my brand is protected. At £15 upfront, plus a £15 fee for the first year (and every year after that), I think I’ll pass and let some other Neil Turner register it if they really want to.