Nothing like a good meme to fill up some space – this one via whoisthehero who is someone I know at the university and whose LiveJournal I managed to find accidently.
Update: I’ve added a couple of extra questions as suggested in the comments.
- First Best Friend: Tom (and still a good friend 17 years on)
- First Screen Name: epacsten10. epacsten is ‘Netscape’ backwards – I was staring at my desktop thinking of a screen name and saw the Netscape icon. This was in the days of NS4.5, incidentally.
- First Pet: Hammy the hamster.
- First Piercing: None as yet.
- First Crush: Happened some years ago.
- First Record: Erm, probably Psyche by PJ & Duncan AKA I’m afraid. Please don’t kill me.
- First Car: None as yet.
- First Love: Probably doesn’t want her name on the internet.
- First stuffed animal: Teddy. I know, height of originality.
- First MP3 Player: A Samsung Yepp YP-E64. It cost about the same as a 2GB iPod Nano does today, but only had 64MB of flash memory, a 3-line display and only supported MP3 and Wav with a certain codec. It did do voice recording, though, and you could expand it with a SmartMedia card. It used a Parallel connection (USB cable available at extra cost) and the bundled software was Windows 95/98/NT only. Not the best player, really.
- Last Alcoholic Beverage: A Jameson’s Whisky and Cola at Delius last night.
- Last Car ride: A taxi from Bradford Interchange on Saturday.
- Last Movie Seen: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind on DVD on Sunday. As for last film seen at the cinema, that would be Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire last Monday.
- Last Phone Call made: My parents on Monday night.
- Last CD Played: You Can Have It So Much Better by Franz Ferdinand. I don’t tend to listen to CDs that much, thanks to iTunes and my iPod.
- Last Bubble bath: Oooh, ages ago. Can’t remember. I tend to take showers.
- Last time you Cried: Probably September 2004. I was drunk and it wasn’t really anything.
(Hmmm, only 7…)
Eight “have you evers”
- Have you ever dated one of your best friends: No
- Have you ever been arrested: No
- Have you ever skinny dipped: No
- Have you ever been on tv: No, unless you count Teletext
- Have you ever kissed someone, and then regretted it: No
- Have you ever had a sex dream about someone: Yes
- Have you ever had sex: Yes
- Have you ever been on the radio: I’ve co-presented a couple of shows on RamAir before, and had a couple of letters read out on Galaxy and BBC Radio 1.
Seven things you are wearing
- Gap fleece top, circa 2000
- Red Creative Commies t-shirt
- Turquoise and grey long-sleeved Crosshatch t-shirt
- Blue Harbour green combat trousers
- Black socks
- Fleecy slippers
- Next watch
Six things you’ve done today
- Updated Java on my laptop
- Written a system report batch file
- Done a forensic computing practical
- Got stuck on today’s Guardian sudoku
- Messed up my comments HTML and spent over an hour re-writing it
Five favourite things in no order
- My Mac Mini
- Chocolate Mousse
- Dairy Milk Turkish
- Ben and Jerry’s Ice Cream
Four people you can tell almost anything to
Hari, and three assorted others.
- Black or White: Black
- Hot or Cold: Hot
- Chocolate or Vanilla: Chocolate
Two things you want to do before you die
- See the world, or as much of as possible
- Have a good life
One thing I regret
Not having anything more interesting to post.