A meme borrowed from Dave, who borrowed it from , who borrowed it from someone else:
1. Of all the bands/artists in your cd/record collection, which one do you own the most albums by?
I have 3 studio plus 1 greatest hits album by Sash!. I used to be a big fan of them but my interest has waned and I now only have a handful of their songs on my iPod. I also have lots of their singles. For most other artists I just have one or two of their albums.
2. What was the last song you listened to?
Hari was just singing The Dark of the Matinee by Franz Ferdinand, if that counts. Otherwise it would have been the music to the Red Dwarf episode Stoke Me A Clipper from series VII.
3. What’s in your record/cd player right now?
You Could Have It So Much Better by Franz Ferdinand. Good album, still liking it after several listens.
4. What song would you say sums you up?
Hmmm. Difficult. Parklife by Blur? Not sure.
5. What’s your favorite local band?
Terrorvision. Though they’re no longer together. If I’m allowed to go outside Bradford, then I’d choose the Kaiser Chiefs from Leeds.
6. What was the last show you attended?
Probably Kill The Young at the student union, sometime in October.
7. What was the greatest show you’ve ever been to?
The Darkness at Wembley Arena last year. Awesome show.
8. What’s the worst band you’ve ever seen in concert?
Possibly a local band called Malibu Stacey, ironically featuring an old member of Terrorvision. It might have been the acoustics of the venue but they didn’t sound great.
9. What band do you love musically but hate the members of?
Don’t know really. I tend to judge music by what it sounds like, not who plays it.
11. What show are you looking forward to?
Not sure. The Fun Lovin’ Criminals are in Bradford a week on Monday so I may go to see them, since it’s only a fiver.
12. What is your favorite band shirt?
I only have one, from The Darkness Winter Tour. It’s quite good but I haven’t worn it in a while.
13. What musician would you like to hang out with for a day?
Hmmm. Not sure. Possibly Charlotte Church so I could ogle over her but Hari might have something to say about that. (Hi sweetie!)
14. What musician would you like to be in love with for a day?
15. Metal question-Jeans and Leather vs. Cracker Jack clothes?
16. Sabbath or solo Ozzy?
Didn’t really pay attention to either.
17. Commodores or solo Lionel Ritchie?
Didn’t really pay attention to either.
18. Punk rock, hip hop or heavy metal?
Nice bit of punk rock usually does me.
19. Doesn’t Primus suck?
Never heard them/him/her before.
20. Name 4 flawless albums:
- Behind The Sun by Chicane
- You Could Have It So Much Better by Franz Ferdinand
- Ray of Light by Madonna
- Some Things by Lasgo
21. Did you know that filling out this survey makes you a music geek?
I’m a geek already, being a music geek just fills more boxes I suppose.
22. What was the greatest decade for music?
Probably the 90s but there’s been some good stuff since. I don’t listen to much before 1993.
23. How many music-related videos/dvds do you own?
1 – the bonus DVD on the Franz Ferdinand album mentioned twice here already.
24. Do you like Journey?
If it’s the song that Peter, Cleveland, Joe and Quagmire sing in the Family Guy episode Don’t Make Me Over (Season 4) in The Drunken Clam with the karoake machine, then I suppose it’s okay. But not great.
25. Don’t try to pretend you don’t!
26. What is your favorite movie soundtrack?
Hmmm. The Matrix had a good soundtrack I suppose.
27. What was your last musical “phase” before you wisened up?
Used to be really into trance, but I’ve started to get bored with it and the new stuff isn’t that good.
28. What’s the crappiest CD/record/etc. you’ve ever bought?
Probably Who Needs Guitars Anyway? by Alice Deejay. I didn’t actually buy it, it was a swap, but it’s not particularly good. But then the producers behind Alice Deejay are the same producers behind The Vengaboys.
29. Do you prefer vinyl or CDs?
Never really used vinyl and CDs are convinient.