In Windows XP, Windows lists your most frequently/recently used programs on the left-hand side (assuming you’re using the new-style start menu). Ed Bott picked up the meme baton so I’m continuing it here:
- Solitaire. Obviously.
- Freecell. For a bit of variety.
- Flickr Uploadr. My favourite way of uploading photos to my favourite way of sharing photos.
- Irfanview. Phenominally useful little application.
- Picasa2. Great for touching up photos before uploading them.
- SpeedFan. My laptop’s cooling system ain’t what it used to be so this lets me monitor the processor temperature and cut back if necessary.
- . Useful for DNS lookups and the like.
- SpywareBlaster. I check for updates regularly.
- Synergy. This moved up the list quite quickly because I was having a few problems with it initially.
- VLC. My video player of choice.
- Programmers Notepad. Text editor with syntax highlighting. I use version 2, which is open source.
- Windows Media Player. There was a recent minor update that I downloaded.
Missing from that are Firefox and Thunderbird, since these are pinned to the top of my Start Menu, and Winamp, Trillian, Metapad, SmartFTP, Calculator, iTunes, Azureus and Shareaza which are on my Quick Launch bar and so are not counted.