And now for everything else… 😉
- I’ve made a couple of minor changes to the Atom 1.0 feed – like on the RSS feed it now makes it clear if an entry has been extended, and I’m serving up XHTML instead of HTML. This means that the whole thing is one long XML document instead of an XML document with bits of escaped HTML in it.
- Still no internet. I’m going to cancel Bulldog, since they’ve done almost nothing in the 4 weeks since we signed up, and properly cancel Tiscali, just in case they’re lingering about. I’ll then go back to PlusNet since they were never any problem last year.
- NTL are now offering 10Mbps connections. Which is good news but I do hope this is combined with an improvement in their quality of service – Which? did a survey of broadband ISPs recently and NTL were bottom by a long way with only 19% of those interviewed ‘very satisfied’ with the service. Zen did very well, as did PlusNet, with Bulldog, Tiscali and Telewest coming mid-table. Still, hopefully my parents will be upgraded to the 10MB package sometime soon.
- Or they could move to Chorleywood in Hertfordshire where NTL are trialling 20Mbps broadband. Lucky sods.
- Textpattern is due to hit version 1.0 very soon, as is the final version of Movable Type 3.2 which I’ll upgrade to eventually.