Anthony has ‘tagged’ me with this book meme, so here goes:
How Many Books Do You Own?
Quite a lot, actually – probably up to 50. Only about 10 are with me here in Bradford though and most are textbooks.
What is the Last Book You Bought?
The World’s Worst… by Mark Frauenfelder. It’s a bit of non-fiction about various nasty and dangerous things in the world. Quite interesting.
What is the Last Book You Read?
Word Spy by Paul McFedries. Again, non-fiction – has definitions for new words that have creaped into the language and the stories behind them.
Name five books that mean a lot to you.
Hmmm. That’s a bit difficult considering I don’t really read much…
- Johnny and the Dead by Terry Pratchett. The first Terry Pratchett book I read, and probably not the last.
- The Hitch Hiker’s Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams. One of my favourite books. It was also the book I read in front of the class at school as part of a English communications assignment, and I made a complete hash of the beginning.
- CGI Programming with Perl by Scott Guelich, Shishir Gundavaram and Gunther Birznieks, for preventing my final year project from being a total catastrophe.
- Hacking Movable Type by Jay Allen, Brad Choate, Matt Haughey, David Raynes and Ben Hammersley, the book I very nearly was a co-author of.
- Blackadder – The Whole Damn Dynasty by Richard Curtis, Ben Elton and Rowan Atkinson, for being a good source of cunning quotes.
Now ‘tag’ five individuals to provide their own lists.
I don’t think these people have done this yet:
I still don’t get this sudden craze with ‘tagging people’ with memes, though…