Neil Turner's Blog

Blogging about technology and randomness since 2002

Keyword changes

I’ve changed the RSS feed so that it outputs the keywords/tags attached to a post, instead of the generic category. You can specify multiple category elements in both RSS 1.0 and 2.0, and hopefully this should mean I appear under more useful Technorati tag listings. incidentally I used the MTKeywordList plugin to get it to work.
I’ve also updated the keyword search script, which is a script I made myself in PHP. It now no longer returns every keyworded entry when you don’t provide a keyword as a variable in the URL and is much faster because I’ve enabled fulltext for that column in the database (done using ALTER TABLE 'mt_entry' ADD FULLTEXT ('entry_keywords'); in MySQL). It’s still using a very inefficient method but at least it’s a bit faster now.

Comments are closed.