Today’sis all about birthdays.
FQ1: When is your birthday?
May 25th, so exactly 2 months time. I’ll be 21…
FQ2: Anything interesting happen on your birthday in history?
According to The History Channel, 25th May 1660 was the day of The English Restoration after Charles II assumed the throne as King of England, after 11 years of military rule following the English Civil War. And we’ve had a monarchy ever since.
And in 1979 it was also the date of the worst air crash in US history when 271 people were killed on a plane crashed shortly after takeoff. 2 people on the ground also died. I’m guessing 9/11 doesn’t count as an ‘air crash’ then.
FQ3: Anybody famous share your birthday? Do you have anything in common with them?
I share my birthday with:
- Jonny Wilkinson, the English rugby player who won the Rugby World Cup for England in 2003 with a drop-goal at the end of extra time. Don’t know what I have in common with him other than that he’s English…
- Mike Myers, star of Austin Powers and Shrek, amongst others. I’m guessing we both have a sense of humour.
- Anthea Turner, former Blue Peter presenter and all-round celebrity. We have the same surname, and both like Cadbury’s Snowflake, although she’s more than twice my age.
- Paul Weller, musician. Not a lot in common, I’m not really into his music.
- Alistair Campbell, former Labour spin doctor. I’m guessing we both have a dislike of the Conservative Party.
- Eve Ensler, playwright and author of the Vagina Monologues. We both want an end to violence against women.
- Dave Lee Travis, legendary DJ. We both like music?
- Sir Ian McKellen, aka Gandalf from the Lord of the Rings films. We both believe in gay rights.
- Richard Dimbleby, news presenter (died in 1965). Most famous for a report on the Spaghetti Harvest on April 1st, 1957. Probably sense of humour again.
- Billy Murray, musician (died 1954).
I knew about sharing a birthday with Anthea Turner but I was surprised at some of the others.
FQ FUTURE: On your 100th birthday, what year will it be and what do you think you’ll be wanting as a present then?
It’ll be 2084, and I’ll probably be wanting a hip replacement.