Over at movabletype.org, Jay Allen makes his first post as a Six Apart employee on
The article is very thorough, but that does make it a little lengthy, so here it is summarised into bullet points:
- Six Apart thought the problem was caused by old versions of MT (pre-3.0). This wasn’t the case.
- There are two main bugs causing the unnecessary high load:
- Static pages are rebuilt even if a comment is moderated
- Lots of unnecessary database connections if dynamic templates are used.
- These bugs have been fixed in development (so hopefully should be fixed in the next release).
- For now, Six Apart recommends switching to dynamic templating and considering adopting TypeKey.
You can tell I’ve been working on PowerPoint presentations lately, can’t you?