In the past couple of days, I have:
- Cleaned the bathroom, some parts of which haven’t been cleaned since we moved in at the beginning of July.
- Mopped the bathroom floor for the first time since we moved in.
- Fixed the lock on the bathroom door that got broken several weeks ago. Yay for privacy.
- Helped out with a full week’s worth of washing up (the sink was broken for a few days and things started to pile up).
- Washed the bathmat, again for the first time since we moved in.
- Cleaned the kitchen worksurfaces.
That said, my housemates have also done their part, and as such the kitchen is much tidier. We also now have a gate outside the house again, which confused me immensely when I came home on Thursday.
And in other news I think I’m coming down with another cold. On the plus side it’ll only be the second one since September – this time last academic year I was on my third cold and had also had the ‘flu too. Universities really are a gay bar for chest infections.