Here’s an interesting meme courtesy of, who got it from :
- Take five books off your bookshelf.
- Book #1 — first sentence
- Book #2 — last sentence on page fifty
- Book #3 — second sentence on page one hundred
- Book #4 — next to the last sentence on page one hundred fifty
- Book #5 — final sentence of the book
- Make the five sentences into a paragraph.
…which produces this…
The history of these sceptred isles earlier than about 1880 BC is lost in the mists of time. This is what he heard… Cursing himself for the limited vocabulary provided by page 33 of the Piemburg Bulb Catalogue which he had chosen as the codebook for Saturday on account of its easy availability, Verkramp turned wearily to Friday’s codebook and finally came up with the deciphered message that Agent 378550 had carried out instructions and was proceeding to new lodgings. In that case, we can override the method by defining a method in our class with the exact same method signature. Readers should be aware that the proposal for IPv6 is not yet a thoroughly-tested standard, and at least some details are likely to change.
The books used are, in order:
- Blackadder – the whole damn dynasty
- The Hitch Hiker’s Guide To The Galaxy by Douglas Adams
- Indecent Exposure by Tom Sharpe
- Java, Java, Java – Object-orientated Problem Solving by Ralph Morelli
- Internetworking with TCP/IP: Principles, Protocols and Architecture by Douglas E. Comer