You know you really need to do the washing up when:
- You can no longer find the sink.
- You have no clean crockery or cutlery and your nextdoor neighbour wants the crockery you borrowed from them back.
- The food stuck to the frying pan says ‘hi’ to you when you enter the kitchen.
- You can no longer safely balance yet another plate on the washing up pile.
- Your kitchen smells like a sewage plant.
- Your housemate who is on a pharmacy course finds a cure for cancer in the remnants of a chicken vindaloo you had a few weeks ago.
- Your forks are able to move freely around the kitchen at their own free will.
- You no longer have to buy mushrooms because you have some growing on an old frying pan.
- Even the rats turn their nose up at the leftover food.
- Your house is forcibly entered by environmental health officers as the health of the entire street is in danger.
incidentally, #1 and #4 were almost true in the house today. You can probably guess what I’ve been doing this afternoon.