While I’ve heard about the spyware problem getting gradually worse over time, I was still suprised and somewhat shocked by the news that the average computer has 28 items of spyware on it (also at The Register). This weekend, I want everyone who reads this to do the following:
- Download Ad-Aware or Spybot Search & Destroy if you haven’t already.
- Update it with the latest detections.
- Do a full scan of all of your systems.
- Go to Windows Update and download and install all of the critical updates for your computer (although note that under Windows 2000)
- Update your virus scanner and do a full scan. What do you mean you don’t have one?!? Get one! They’re free!
- Visit Microsoft’s Protect Your PC portal to find out any more information.