The following will be familiar to anyone who has had to live in shared accommodation. This sign is now up on the wall in our kitchen:
Basic Kitchen Etiquette
- Don’t steal other people’s food. It’s not nice.
- Don’t use other people’s cooking utensils, unless you ask them first. Make sure you wash them up properly afterwards.
- Don’t monopolise both sinks. Some of us want to wash up too.
- Don’t leave your dirty plates lying around for days. This is a kitchen, not a bacteria propagation lab.
- Try to keep the place clean and tidy for everyone else.
Of course, the notice itself uses a bigger font with red and blue text, just to make it stand out a bit.