Again, this is an ‘all-in-one’ entry because I have various small snippets that don’t go together in one coherent entry.
- Meredith] – I never saw that coming. Three cheers for Evan and the Blogger team! Now that means that many more users can have RSS feeds and other niceties that users of other packages have had for a long time. Of course, this just makes me love Google even more, since they put up the money for it. [courtesy of
- The plan for the week isn’t quite going as planned. From Tuesday, I still haven’t sorted out my music and my photos are only partially sorted, and yesterday I didn’t post any flyers (though I might do this afternoon). Although I did go out, I failed to get very drunk and failed to spend all my money, and this morning, I’m not nursing much of a hangover. But then usually when I make plans I never follow them to the word. Might do a bit of packing today but I don’t know.
- That said, I had a good night out last night, and will probably spend the whole day singing “Pretty Green Eyes” by Ultrabeat which was the last song. It was also great to see many of my old friends again, some of which I’ve known since I was 4 and haven’t seen in well over a year (and sometimes longer).
- Update on the eBay auctions – sadly only 3 of the CDs sold, and all of them sold for the minimum bid price of 15p :(. But I suppose 3 is better than 0, and they’re not CDs that I like listening to. By the way, if you like pop or cheesy dance music, drop me an email and I’ll send you my list of cast-offs – if you want any of them you can pay for postage over PayPal and I’ll send you them free. I have no need for them and they’re only taking up space here.
- Trillian Pro 2.0 is nearly ready to hit the mainstream – Release Candidate 3 is now out, with support for MSN buddy icons :D. That said, now Yahoo is following MSN’s example and messaging all users of ‘old’ clients when they log on, telling them to upgrade, and this includes TP2 – hopefully this’ll be fixed before it’s finally released.
- I got the email about this but Andy reminded me – there’s a in NT-based Windows OSes (NT 4.0, 2000, XP and Server 2003) which allows arbitrary code exceution (ie, it’s bad). A patch is available via Windows Update.
- Mozilla 1.5 has branched, and Asa reckons they only need a week before the first release candidate. It’s also possible that the next versions of Thunderbird and Firebird (0.3 and 0.7 respectively) will be released at the same time and will use the 1.5 final codebase, thus making them super-stable. It also means that development on Mozilla 1.6 can start, and this time it is hoped that Fbird and Tbird can be integrated.
- Finally, it’s the second anniversary of the World Trade Center attacks in new York, just in case you needed reminding. I’m not going to do anything special today or write any rants about the war on terrorism, but, as they have been for the past two years, my thoughts are with the families and friends of those who were so tragically killed. It must be dreadful having to deal with losing a loved one in such a way, and then have to put up with all of the media coverage since.
- Since it’s only just rolled over to 9/11 in the US there aren’t many posts on the subject, but Chris already has a good one.