Here are the articles or web sites that I’ve found this week and linked to on my Delicious Bookmarks:
- http://bit.ly/QeVhW4The man who declared the independence of “Sealand” and appointed himself a prince dies: http://t.co/zMMpgj9o
- BBC – Newsbeat – Facebook criticised for £238,000 UK tax bill last yearFacebook is using loopholes to avoid paying tax in the UK
- BBC News – Twenty five Virgin Media ads found to be misleadingVirgin Media have had 25 of their adverts banned over the past 18 months, because they’ve been misleading
- BBC News – Toddler served whisky at Frankie and Benny’s restaurantOoops – Toddler given whisky at a restaurant instead of juice and soda
- Find that fireball! When journalist turns stalkerA woman is filming a thunderstorm when lightning strikes a tree metres from the camera. Video gold, a segment any local news network would love to broadcast. Judge for yourself:
- Zynga’s OMGPOP MissZynga has lost almost $500,000 a day on its OMGPOP purchase
- Barack Obama v Mitt Romney: the vices, the virtues and dog-related issues | World news | guardian.co.ukComparing Barack Obama and Mitt Romney. Neither drinks coffee.
- Firefox Notes – DesktopFirefox 16 is out
- 20 common WordPress mistakes, myths and misgivings | Feature | .net magazine20 common WordPress mistakes, myths and misgivings
- Filippo BigarellaStifleStand – lets you hide the Newsstand app on any iOS device, even if it isn’t jailbroken
- BBC News – 5G research centre gets major funding grantEven though the roll-out of 4G is only just starting in the UK, Surrey Uni is already researching 5G
- How do our favorite tech companies make money?How do web startups make money?
- The puzzle of Android’s delayed changeover from Gingerbread | Technology | guardian.co.ukGingerbread (2.3) is still by far the most popular version of Android, almost a year after Ice Cream Sandwich’s release
Digest powered by RSS Digest